Monday, December 8, 2008

Holidays

So I think we're just about done Christmas shopping! Yeah! I still have to pick up a few more things for my family, but I already know what they will be. I want to get one more thing for Bam, but it's out of stock on line so I'm hoping that it either comes in stock soon or that I can find it locally. Plus we did it all without charging it. Now, if everything would just arrive before Christmas. I still have all of the wrapping to do. A lot of the stuff that we got the kids is bigger items that will have to be put together, thus no wrapping involved so it shouldn't be too bad. I'll probably do it one night after I work out. I got my Christmas cards mailed out today too (except for the couple that I don't have addresses for).

Right now I'm about ready to take the Christmas decorations down. The kids won't leave the tree alone, or I should say the boys mainly Bam. Sweet doesn't bother it too often. I say again that Sweet is my saving grace, for the time being, I'm sure that will change in about 10 years. Not only do they like to touch, Bam likes to pull off the ornaments, and Bam and Sugar like to sneak behind the chair to get to the outlet where the tree is plugged in and plug and unplug the tree. I don't know what to do to get them to leave it alone other than not plug it in and leave the outlet protector in, but if you're never going to turn your tree on, what's the point of having it up (I know, that was a serious run on). I'm at my whits end. It totally freaks me out. Plus we have this giant snowman (it's seriously about 4 1/2 feet tall) that sings and dances. The kids love it and play with it nonstop. The problem, other than the fact that it's extremely annoying the 1000 time it goes of in a day) is that the new fun thing is to push it over. Ah, the joy of the holidays.

Yesterday, we had a great nap time. Sugar slept 2 hours in his bed and Bam took his whole nap in his bed. You see as I've said before the boys have a horrible habit of not wanting to sleep in their cribs long at nap time. They sleep great in them at night and will go to sleep in them during the day, but wake up usually about an hour into nap and then I have to bring them out on the couches and they finish their naps their. Today was not a good day. Sugar started calling for me about 20 minutes after I put him down. I don't think he ever went to sleep and he hasn't fallen asleep on the couch either, which I'm sure will lead to a bad evening with him. Oh well, at least he is laying on the couch amusing himself.

No comments: