Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Wonderful World of Sleep

My kids are good sleepers. They are in bed at 8 and sleep through the night. Plus they take a 2-3 hour nap a day. The only problem is that no matter what time they go to bed (on rare occasions they are up later) they always wake up at the same time or earlier and don't take a longer nap to catch up. That is until recently.
The last couple of days have been wonderful. I know I'm probably jinxing myself by writing this. The boys have been sleeping in past 7. Sweet's slept past 9 the last two days. This means that I get to wake up when I'm ready to, instead of getting a wake up call from a child before 6. It makes a huge difference.
Yes, nap times are shortening some, but really I'm ok with it if I get to sleep longer. Anyone who has ever been deprived of sleep for any length of time (let me remind you that Bam didn't sleep for a whole night until 5 months) will tell you that sleep makes the world a better place.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

ahhhhhh....... sleep! The sleep deprivation is the thing I fear MOST about becoming a parent. So glad you're getting more :)