Friday, June 26, 2009

Touch a Truck

Today we went to a local event, Touch a Truck. They had firetrucks, police cars, police motorcycles, army trucks, big rig tow trucks, tree trimmers, professional mowers, etc. The kids loved it. Sweet was a little unsure of some of it, big trucks, lots of people, and they were letting kids blow the horns so it was loud. I hope they're never in the back of a police car once they grow up. It's cute now, it won't be then. Afterwords we spent some time with our family member who just got out of the hospital. After dinner we played outside and had some fun. Bam is still incredibly jealous that he doesn't have a bike yet. Overall it was a pretty good day.

I need to start teaching the kids about strangers. Sweet definitely tends to be leery of new people anyway and Bam's in a shy stage right now. I'm not sure of how to go about it since I don't want to make them afraid of new people that we introduce them to. Trying to teach a 2 year old how to distinguish between a good new person and a bad new person should be interesting. I guess I'm just not sure of how to go about it other than don't talk to anyone that you don't already know unless known adult says it's ok. I'm thinking about it lately because there's been 4 atempted abductions recently about an hour away from us. People are really sick and cruel. Thankfully they haven't been successful yet. I hope they can catch the guys before they're able to take kids.




















No comments: