Monday, January 5, 2009

Weekend in a Nutshell

Well me put our cat down on Friday. It was very hard on both of us. My aunt (she manages the vet hospital) called after it was done to let me know that she was gone and she didn't fight. I had kept myself busy after Chuck left with her, but after the phone call I lost it. I haven't cried like that in a long time. We miss her. We haven't brought it up to the kids. I wasn't sure what to say to them. I don't know that they'd understand yet. They haven't brought her up yet. Our other cat is definitely missing her too. He's been very needy since she's been gone. He's always been the quiet cat and he's gotten a little more vocal. He normally doesn't come around the kids all that much and he's been loved on by the kids quite a bit during the last couple of days. I feel bad for him too. He lost his companion, as temperamental as she was during the last couple of months.

Saturday I drove to southern Ohio to see my college roommate. It had been too long since we had seen each other and it was her baby shower. It was very nice to get to see her again. I still miss seeing my college and grad school friends. I wish her an easy delivery to a happy healthy baby. She's due this month!

Well, we decided to try another money saver. I cut Chuck's and Sugar's hair this weekend. Sugar's turned out great. Chuck's isn't bad, but it isn't good either. I need to play around with it a little more next time. I was definitely nervous about Chuck's, since he went first. I have never cut anyone's hair, other than Sweet's bangs. I'll have to post some pictures of Sugar soon.

No comments: