Friday, July 17, 2009

Really? That's the best you can do?

I hate scheduling appointments with new doctors, especially dermatologists. Bam has eczema. He always has. I make sure he gets his omega 3 from food, lotion him often, feed him good food, etc. Usually his outbreaks clear up with a little hydrocortisone cream after a few days. Not this time. It's been like 2 months. Our pediatrician prescribed a steroid for it, which I am not keen on, especially after reading the side effects, but after talking to our pharmasist, I tried it for a few days. He screamed when I put it on and cried for atleast 30 minutes everytime plus it continued to get worse, so I'm done with that. We're waiting to get into a dermatologist that our pediatrician recommended, but our appointment is still another month away and no I didn't just make the appointment. I hope he doesn't get an infection before then. I feel bad for the kid and now he isn't sleeping good because of it, which means that no one is sleeping good. I'm crossing my fingers that we get a call because someone cancelled. I'm gonna see if our pediatrician can pull any strings to get us in any earlier, but I'm not holding my breath. Oh and that isn't all of his eczema, it's all over. My poor little one.

No comments: