Monday, February 16, 2009

Vent

I am so tired of hearing about the mortgage crisis. I feel bad for the people that have lost their jobs and are now struggling to make their house payments. I don't feel sorry for people who didn't make intelligent decisions when buying their house. Why should tax dollars go to them? Why do they get a break for making a bad decision?

We took out a loan that would be easy to pay on. Is it our dream house? NO. Would I love a bigger, newer, nicer, fancier house? Yes. But we chose to make a safe purchase, a smart purchase. So how about all of the people who made smart decisions get a break for once?

Kind of like the commercials talking about negotiating your tax debt. What? If I didn't pay my taxes I'm sure that they would come after me. How do these people get away without paying huge amounts of taxes and why do they have a right to negotiate a lower amount? How is that fair or right or just?

Guess I'm just tired of the people who play by the rules always getting shafted.

No comments: