Sunday, January 27, 2008

First Post!

Well it looks like I've jumped on the band wagon. I'm going to try blogging. Not sure how often I'll post, but I'll give it a go.

A year ago today life started to look a little brighter. Today is the anniversary of Sweet's out! The news gave me the hope that I needed to get thew the rest of the adoption, even though it would still be almost 3 months to the day before we would be able to bring both of them home.

I have to say that going out with 3 children as close in age as ours are makes for some interesting comments from random strangers. Yesterday a lady walked up to us and asked us their ages and then said "well have you figured out how it happens yet?" To which we reply "Yes, we adopted 2." Since she apparently couldn't figure that out since 2 are adopted from Guatemala and I am incredibly fair complected with a strawberry cast to my hair. Hello! I wish I had their coloring. I also love the comments when I go out with them on my own of "wow you're a brave lady." Yes, very brave for not wanting to depend on another person to enter the real world with my children to run errands and such. Or "how do you get them to sleep when you go out?" Well you see I drug them all prior to leaving to make my experience more enjoyable, j/k all I can say is luck. Thankfully my children either sleep or are very happy when we get out.

Here's a Q for those of you with little ones. How much does your child eat at any given meal. It seems to me that my kids eat an obnoxious amount of food most of the time. They come close to eating as much as an adult and they're only going on 17 months (combined they eat more than an adult). I'm afraid of what our grocery bills will be in the future.

1 comment:

Michelle Smiles said...

Welcome to blog land! It is addictive!

Sabrina some days eats next to nothing and other days eats almost as much as I do. And she wants to eat every 2-3 hours. She isn't even close to over weight (her doc actually wants her to gain weight) so I pretty give her whatever she wants.

And strangers are idiots.